View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 09:04 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

I have a great story that is somewhat related.

About 18 or 20 years ago my dad and I were discussing different players we had seen. He grew up in New York and I in New Jersey so we had both been to many games in both leagues.

I said he was lucky because he saw Mays, Mantle, Aaron and others in that era. He even went to a Yankees game in 1948 with my grandfather to see DiMaggio play. My dad was only 6 at the time.

He reminded me that I had seen some great players as well. I saw Ryan pitch, Bench and Rose, Schmidt. Even saw Brett, Yount, and others in the AL.

About this time we were both feeling pretty good about our respective list when my 88 year old (at the time) grandmother looked up from her needle point and said "When I was a teenager a man in my church took me and a friend to the Yankees game and I saw Babe Ruth hit a home run."

Needless to say we both knew who won that discussion.

Love that story.

As far as the OP question. I guess I wish I saw a Randy Johnson pitch. I've still yet to see Pujols play but I did go to a Braves game last Saturday night against the Marlins and saw Ichiro for the first time. That was cool.

Drew

Last edited by almostdone; 08-13-2015 at 09:04 PM.