View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 07:34 AM
Steve Woe.lfel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
Also were starting to see some good folks enter the fray among the sharks and wolves to set up little safe havens of just straight good old honest auctions. Brian Dwyer kicked it off with Sterling, Lee picked up the ball and ran with it very well. Our own Al Crisafulli fired up Love of the Game. Both of these guys have no nonsense write ups great images and well laid out auctions for a myriad of collectors taste.

Cheers,

John
+1, I couldn't agree more. I love the job that Lee does with Sterling and that Al does with LOTG. I'd also single out Leon & Co for B&L's offerings as well as Joe's Vintage Sports Cards bi-weekly auctions. There are also quite a few nice, honest, sometimes hilarious folks on the B/S/T pages here on Net54. I know it's tougher for the collectors looking for big ticket items, but for a small time collector like me, there are a bunch of good places to choose from. So, it's certainly not all doom & gloom. If it was, I don't think most of us would stick around despite it being about the cards. A large part of the fun is the interaction with sellers and in learning new facts on a daily basis here on the board!

Happy holidays everyone and best of luck with your 2014 collecting endeavors!!

Steve
T206 SLers: 11/48
T206 Back Run: 28/39

Desiderata

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Strive to be happy.