View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 06:17 PM
J.
Jonathan Rys.kamp

Default Kind of...

My answer is more nuanced than the poll allowed for.

I answered, "Yes I would buy/consign with PWCC," but this is not entirely accurate. I would NOT consign with PWCC. Although there isn't 100% conclusive proof, I am beginning to think they knew about fraudulent cards (and I mean more than just soaking in water or chemicals). I frankly don't care if all their consignments dried up and then I wouldn't ever have to buy from them.

But honestly I would still consider purchasing from PWCC. Especially because a) it is not 100% proved they weren't duped by Moser, and b) all the cards on my want list I would buy altered if I had the chance, because they are so rare they next to never come up for sale.

The more interesting question for me is does this change people's interest in buying PSA cards for grades? I am MUCH LESS interested in upgrading a PSA 5 to a 7, or a 8 to a 10 at this point because I do not believe that the difference is worth the cost. This is mostly due to watching the Blowout threads on altered cards and BGS black labels - I am more of the opinion that minor grading upgrades are a scam.

Do you think that the market is more wary of a point or two differences on PSA cards as well at this point?