View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 04:51 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Thank you for the complements Clayton. I'm completely out of copies of the disk, but if you're interested, you can PM me your email, and I'll send you the tracks. Anyone else who wants the tracks, feel free to ask. As far as Sugartooth, I don't remember the name, but I do vaguely remember that song.

Finding a good drummer who plays double bass isn't that hard. The problem is finding a good drummer who plays double bass that knows how to use it appropriately. Maybe sparingly would be a better term. I just find it much more effective if it's not double bass all the way through every song. It just makes it stand out that much more when you do go to it.

Towards the end of the band, after our original drummer left the band for health reasons, we lucked into this 18 year old kid that was just incredible. Strong Jazz influence, but also very diverse in styles, it made for a great mix. He actually didn't play a double, but he was quick enough that you would often swear that he was. He wasn't the drummer on those recordings, but when I do get around to recording again, I'll definitely be using him..

Nice Les BYW.

Last edited by novakjr; 02-28-2011 at 04:56 PM.