View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 05:37 PM
ßrën.døn ßig.åløw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
Funny you say that. I told my wife the other day that when I purchase something, I can't wait to get it. Once I get it, I'm pretty much over it after a day or two and then ready for the next chase.
I used to be the exact same way, although I noticed there were a handful of cards in my collection that I was practically in love with. After a while I decided to only buy cards that I knew I could enjoy on a regular basis.

For me, it basically translates into having a small, consolidated collection of high-end cards. Which I actually enjoy because it keeps everything small and simple. I just have to constantly ask myself, "Will this be a card I compulsively take out of the box on a regular basis because I can't stop looking at it?". More often than not, the answer is no, even when I really feel like I want it.

It makes it pretty much impossible to try and go for a set though. Nowadays if I like a set I usually go for the stars I like or the cards I find particularly attractive.

Last edited by poorlydrawncat; 03-02-2016 at 05:39 PM.