View Single Post
Old 05-04-2002, 06:16 PM
Administrator

Default Graded cards in eBay auctions -- should they be returnable or not?

Posted By: scott

hassles, but a return would still be warranted for certain reasons, no matter what they say: fake autographs, blatant "un-truths" in the description (other than grading),etc. After all, we're buying from the auction house and have to trust them, not a consignor we don't know from Adam (isn't that part of why we pay a 10-15% fee?)

...but regarding "over-grading" - I can't cut anyone slack for getting ripped in a Festberg auction, any more than we can share a cry with people who get gyp'd by PRO - we've discussed these two until there's just no excuse to buy unless you're willing to take a very well-known risk. But to be fair to Festberg, I emailed to ask about lot condition and they emailed back telling me to call to discuss - so if you really want something, don't be lazy like I was (and I paid for it).

Same with dealers like Kit Young - I called and spoke to someone there for 10 minutes, bugging the heck out of them with my questions about an advertised "vg" green portrait Cobb - he got a little wise with me explaining that it would clearly be a vg to anyone. That's when I should have bailed, but I bought his sell job, and it was a "good" - SGC and I actually agreed on that one. So I won't buy from KitYoung without a scan in the future...and if I do, I'm a moron and should be slapped if I whine about it later.