View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 03:15 PM
kirk welch

it is always funny in my 25 years plus in business seeing a news article somebody send s me about a "find" or a collection and me knowing what i know and what is real and what is not , just how little research whoever did in the reporting . i have seen attic finds with t206 wagners that was in usatoday or something like that and i am looking at the image it is a galaso reprint from the 70`s , or a real dog ear ruth ball and a article says $100,000 ruth found after 70 years. what is really funny is they make such a big deal he has 4500 signed baseballs , right now i have almost 4000 signed baseballs here with me , maybe 3000 are for sale on ebay and i have at least 800 more that are certed by psa/dna and jsa that are real and arent even listed , i can dig out several hudred more extras i dont get certed to sell unless i sell another , and thats not counting the thousands i sell each year, heck i sold upper deck like 700 this year to make into cards, and these are real . i have a maris , lindstrom, frisch, greenberg coveleski etc that arent even on until i catch up. and the funny thing i am not the only one like this . point is i usually give these stories one look . he knows they are bad but what is gonna do now?