View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 04:19 PM
jason w.

this thread has been very helpful. thanks for everyone's thoughtful responses. that last example looks totally blatant, scooter. wow. :-(

haven't seen anything that obvious in the battlefield auctions. i've had some of the exact same concerns others have raised though. e.g., they currently have a 56 koufax up. this is at least the 4th one of these they've had. makes me leery of the whole "from my personal collection" bit. when i first started bidding, i contacted a few winning bidders and they all shared similar concerns but had been converted. at one point, I found two 56 koufax scans that I thought were identical. even contacted them about it. happy to share that correspondence with anyone that PMs me.

also, the fact that they have a second account (at least) is another troubling sign. war_eagle_vintage

anyway, i've beat this one to death. buyer beware, i guess. i may send the kaline in to PSA just for the heck of it. if i do, i'll follow up.

again, appreciate all of the thoughtful replies. really glad i joined the board!

jason