View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 12:29 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc View Post
I like Dead Kennedys because half their song titles are so blatantly offensive that Leon wouldn't like me list them here.

Actually, Dead Kennedys' first album is an acknowledged punk classic, but it was their gleeful intention to lyrically shock uptight people. Those who were seriously offended (and there were quite a few) missed it that they their songs were satirical and often humorous.
Yeah... lines like "Crushed little kids adorn the Boardwalk" are hard to sell to the masses. Most don't have the capacity to appreciate good satire or anything more complex or different from the mainstream.

I've always viewed the R & R Hall of Fame as a "lowest common denominator", and pay no attention to who they enshrine. If Chicago is out, that probably bodes well for the band's true worth.

The fact that Dion is "in", but bands like Squeeze, Depeche Mode and The Cure are not demonstrates the HOF's lack of diversity and imagination. I guess the Chili Peppers somehow got in, so perhaps there's hope for other innovative/alternative bands. Not that it matters much...

Last edited by perezfan; 11-18-2012 at 12:32 PM.