View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 10:21 AM
Tony Ooten

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjclarke View Post
...........Everyone expects run in the situation, .............
Everyone is making very good points, and I can't believe I'm supporting the Patriots this morning since I don't think I've rooted for them once in the Belichick era. Not a fan of his.

Regardless, maybe the play wasn't the absolute best choice by Carroll and the Seahawks, but I'm giving all the credit I can to the play made by the Patriots and their apparent preparation for that exact play. In Belichicks interview by the sideline reporter (and I'm paraphrasing again) she asked if he was surprised by the play call and he responded with "no we felt like we knew all of their goal line sets and we were ready for anything" That apparently was exactly the case.

In the past few years as I evolved into my current state of football fandom, when I watch a game and don't have a rooting interest, I generally am pulling for players and teams to make great plays to determine the outcome of games. That game had plenty of them and from my point of view the game ended more with New England making a great play than with Seattle making a bad choice.