View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 10:45 AM
Hank Thomas

Of course, anything's possible, maybe these are the real deal. I'm not the greatest expert on pennants--I'd like to hear what someone like Dave Bushing or Dan Knowl thinks about these. But I've always liked the old pennants, I collect them, have dealt hundreds of them, have seen thousands more over the years. I just don't like the way these look, that's all. They have a homemade appearance to my eyes, the aging and stressing seems too similar between them, also completely unlike the wear and tear I'm used to seeing on old pennants. I especially think the paint on all of them doesn't seem stressed enough, too bright and too fresh-looking, compared to the "aging" on the rest. And I'm not accusing anyone, this seller or anyone else. I'm just saying I don't think they were made contemporaneously with the events they commemorate, that's all. They could have been made at any time, by any one, and they have made their way through the hobby. That's my two cents, worth no more and no less than anyone else's.
Hank Thomas