View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 01:53 PM
bR!@N R0+H

This story began in 2014 after a friend of mine wrote this article about my collection as he followed me to a January White Plains show. After the story was published I received a lot of nice comments and attention from it from collectors and friends.

Among the notoriety I received was an email from a man living in Michigan writing on behalf of his wife, whose father had recently passed. While going through his belongings they came across a postcard of Hank Greenberg that was signed to her father. It was a treasured piece of this man's collection.

I had several rounds of negotiations with the man regarding the postcard. However, I was strapped for cash at the time, and conversation fizzled out.

Fast forward to 2017; on a long train ride home from work I thought again about this postcard and wondered if they still had it. Luckily I was able to find the conversation in my emails and reached back out to the gentleman who I was speaking with 3 years ago and asked him if they still had the postcard.

To my surprise, they did.

We picked up where we left off, agreed on a price and the deal was done! Funny part was that neither of them had a PayPal account, so I sent a check in the mail, the old fashioned way, which I found funny.

The postcard arrived in the mail the other day, I opened it live on my YouTube channel. Please watch the video to see what else they included in the package for me. It was quite memorable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoysTYou6bY

Thanks for the read guys!

Greenberg collection