View Single Post
Old 05-31-2022, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggs336 View Post
You are a rare genius. Quit tinkering (and evering and chancing) and let's get the EGGS in the basket.
I consider myself the Harry Steinfeldt of Tinker to Evers to Chance fame. And I am thinking the basket full of EGGS is pretty close to having some ham, cheese and onions added to create a tasty new omelette thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozumeleno View Post
Brian, you know I love these sorts of posts. Frankly, I wouldn't worry about the backs. You'd be getting way into the weeds at that point. Yes, the rare ones are collected/desirable. But I'd keep it short/simple like the E90-1 and Frank's T206 thread.

Hope you're well -- and just my two cents.
Thanks Anson, you may have just knocked some sense back into my head, because I never really wanted backs to be considered. A KISS (keep it simple, stupid) is probably the best affectionate path to take on this one. From now onward, for the purposes of the highly touted upcoming thread, everyone should pretend that all T205 cards have blank backs.

In case you have never checked out Anson's site, https://prewarcards.com/ , it has terrific articles and checklists about vintage baseball cards as well as covering a wide spectrum of the non-baseball card collecting world.

Brian