Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 03:42 PM
Graig Kreindler

Hey all!

Hope everyone's starting to enjoy some nice weather. Thankfully, things in Brooklyn are starting to really come alive with the changing of the season.

While I've been working on catching up with some Net54 commissions, there have been some things I've been working on on the side. Here are a few that I got back from the photographers last week, most of which are 5" x 7" color studies.

George Wright, 1874

Fred Merkle, 1907

Mickey Mantle, 1950

Hank Aaron, 1956

Sandy Koufax, 1963

The majority of them were commissioned, but a few of them are still on my eBay page thingy.

And there's also this one:

Lou Gehrig, 1925, 9" x 12"

This is going to be pretty exciting, I think. The Gehrig is going to be included in an upcoming Love of the Game auction, and from what I understand will be on the catalog cover. Al will also have the painting on display at his booth in Chicago at the National, which will probably look pretty cool.

But yeah, I was really happy with how this one came out. I fell in love with the image when I did the color study for the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, and since then have been jonesin' to make a full-sized one. That smile of his is just golden. And the dimples!!

Anywho, I hope you all dig these. And as per usual, if you have any questions, comments, problems, or anything of the like, feel free to drop me a line.

Thanks for reading.

Graig