View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 10:13 AM

Default Early Ruth's

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcoz View Post
Old Cardboard has the side image RPPC as its 1915 Ruth rookie PC, and said it's possibly the first image printed of Ruth on cardboard. A member of the Hot Springs Historical Society some time ago told me the society made reproduced framed PC sets from the original 1915 PC's I have, and gave them out to 6 retiring SABR members as gifts upon their retirement. The original RPPC photos were taken from Majestic Field in Hot Springs Arkansas, where the inception of their training camp started in 1886. Two are 1 of 1's and the other a 1 of 2. Even if these were from '16 or '17 which I'm confident they are not, just look at the Collins McCarthy or Boston Store Ruth's and their prices. SGC/PSA will just not put an exact year down on them. I have a handful of RPPC's and they never put the date down unless it's listed on the front of the card. I believe their value will only increase in the years to come given their rarity. Just my opinion.
Pete,

Any early Ruth Boston Red Sox cards, photos, memorabilia, etc. have unlimited investment potential. While the EXACT year of those RPPC's may never be determined, the fact that they originated during Ruth's early years with Boston coupled with their extreme rarity is sufficient enough. They are incredible cardboard collectibles with infinite value growth!

Joe T.