View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 03:33 PM
Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
As an ebay seller, I don't block bidders who make reasonable amounts that I refuse. However, I have had a few cases, where buyers keep messaging me with offers that are obviously very low. For example, a $300 card which I have sold at that price in the same condition in the past, they keep asking if I would take $100 for it, and then they do this for 3-4 other cards. And they do this every week. And I see that they also sell cards, so it is obviously they are trying to do a quick flip. These buyers are annoying, and I do block them. Some other ebay sellers may see this much more than I do, which may be why their trigger finger is faster to block buyers.
That I can totally understand blocking. If someone is being an annoying little mosquito and asking the same question over and over, then I can totally see blocking an idiot like that. You should only have to say no 1 time.
That reminds me of when I used to work at a pizza place and these kids from the section 8 area of town kept coming in asking for free water. The owner was first nice enough to give them the water but then they kept coming back for more asking again and again. When we did not pay attention to them they would pound on the counter and make noises and were very rude. They would not buy anything either. Finally my boss said no more water, but they kept coming back anyway and asking again and again anyway and pounding on the counter till he finally banned them and put up a sign saying "NO WATER."
The moral of the story is, is that people that constantly ask for something for nothing after being told NO deserve to be blocked off, so I empathize with your situation. I just can't stand those grumps that snap at a buyer for making 1 polite offer 1 time.