View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 12:32 PM
P.hil €lli$

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdschulze View Post
I'm one of the ones who said "the customer is always right" (98% of the time), and I conduct business in that manner (for the record, I own 3 businesses and have not bankrupted yet). It's one thing for a customer to ask for a 100% refund for a service that was provided but not for an undamaged, tangible item that was purchased. In this scenario, what does the Seller stand to lose by refunding the Buyer's money? Issue the refund, get your undamaged item back, then offer a "second chance" to the next highest bidder or just relist the item. No harm done and everyone's happy.

Look at the negative exposure the Seller has gotten already just with this thread. I think a business is more likely to suffer financially from negative exposure (such as this) than to issue a refund every now and then. The Seller is not losing money... he can still sell the undamaged card and keep a positive reputation all the same. JMO!
So when is a deal a "done deal"? What if a buyer decides in a couple of weeks that he now needs the $1000 that he spent on a card to pay an unexpected bill. Can't the buyer say, "hey I can just return that card I bought 2 weeks ago for a full refund".

In this case, the buyer bought a GAI graded card in an auction setting for the price that he bid. He received said GAI graded card. End of deal.