View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 10:15 AM
P.hil €lli$

A lot of people are assuming that Carter's knew that the card was trimmed when they sold it. How can someone come to this conclusion? It was in a legitimate TPG case. You can say all you want about GAI, but if I buy a card in a GAI case with a numerical grade, I assume that it is not trimmed. That is what Carter's did (I assume) in this case. Then when they sell it, they are selling it as a card that has passed GAI's specifications. They are not selling a card that has passed SGC's specs.

Some people are saying that "the customer is always right" and that a business owner should always refund a customer his money when asked, for any reason. That is from the mouths of people who have never been in business for themselves. Try running a business like that and see how long you stay in business. Of course you want to have a good reputation in business and don't want disgruntled customers, but it is a balancing act between good customers and customers who feel that they deserve everything.

The OP has done enough damage on this forum to Carters already and smeared his name on here enough that some members will not deal with them. I find it funny that this is the first negative incident with this dealer that has 3000 positive feedback. They seem to make most everyone else that they deal with happy.