View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Default Anyone know the high bidder on my T206 Cobb?

Posted By: E, Daniel

But yes, I too have had problems shipping items to Canada in terms of tracking. USPS just does not have a continuous reciprocal tracking process once it crosses the border, and the package is absolutely at the mercy of the deliverer that day.
My biggest gripe though, is that on every occasion my buyers from Canada have asked/insisted that the item be incorrectly labelled, with negilible value listed, so that the item is not held up by customs and face the subsequent duties.
Have to tell you, that is a huge issue to have to eat, as the insurance on the item is all the more important when shipping trans-country.
I've done it, and I kick myself every time doing so, as I know how much I will hate myself if the item is lost and I have to go through the rigamaroll of making it all good for everyone involved.
It is definitely, not the "EASY EASY" "Don't complain so much" issue that Elliot and Max make it out to be.

And re Kary's shipping costs, I can't believe everyone who thinks that the buyer can simply dictate terms and because of the overall price involved, you have to be walked over. If they ask for $1 off, I guess everyone would agree they are being insulting. If it's $10 off, is that o.k? How about $3.50? Who the heck decides how much off a buyer gets to hack from the auction price and shipping quote. I don't care if its 2 cents, to me you're a real dick if you think you can get away with it.
Kary, your price is your price, and every one else can go jump.

Daniel