View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 08:05 PM
Mike Biggans

It’s one thing to be behind and not be meeting “estimated” deadlines, which, as someone already mentioned, we pay extra for, but to be expanding.

A company like PSA, which is publicly traded, not putting money and time into expanding their facilities here to help with backlog and ever growing business, but rather to focus on expanding internationally, i.e. their newly planned Japanese submission office.

Doesn’t that rub some people the wrong way? They are not dedicated to taking care of the business we built here in the US effectively, but expanding to capture a more global share so that investors think more favorably about their stocks.

SGC’s rolled out “improvements”, which is obviously subjective, with apparently no forethought to think that loyal SGC submitters wouldn’t want their cards reholdered, is unthinkable.

At this point, what is the point of having tiers, other than to bilk the customers, who are so desperate to use their services, out of more money. This is no way to operate a business and with, apparently, no solutions aiming in the near future.

Someone else mentioned BGS and eluded to the grease fire going on over there. They have their own set of issues.

The whole industry of TPG and TPA is a multi billion dollar business. My question is, why hasn’t a quality alternative risen as yet to challenge these, obviously, poor business models other than the strong name brand recognition they have built in the hobby?

And I haven’t even touched on the certified authentic autographs, that are clearly not authentic, from JSA and the aforementioned TPG’s that surfaced this week.

This business, sports cards & memorabilia, is on the verge of another huge growth spurt and we are piddling around waiting months for submissions. Why hasn’t the real money in the hobby stepped to the forefront?

Are we really at their mercy?? No! We are the consumers. I think the movement needs to be that cards that do not need to be submitted be held back. We may need somewhat of a boycott, for lack of a better term. We control their $$$. Without submissions they have nothing. We keep paying them though.

And I understand there are thousands of businesses that run on TPG and that becomes a huge issue.

This whole industry, on the verge of a huge growth spurt, is, I fear, may, also, be on the verge of a catastrophic event that will set the hobby on it’s collective ear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk