View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 06:21 PM

I am not condoning missing promised deadlines (especially when you pay extra), and any service company with poor customer service is missing the point, BUT I would rather the TPG get it right, then get it done quickly and wrong. So what is the balance? How can these companies give top quality service, with consistent top quality results- as we all expect and spend major money in reliance on- when the pressure is constantly there to hurry up and to keep prices down?

We complain about the cost. But how is the company supposed to hire and train a sufficient amount of qualified people if they can’t pay them sufficiently? And how can the company do top quality and consistent work when they are pressured to move massive amounts of products to meet time limits? I know these are problems the TPGs created and it’s their business so they need to figure it out - But just saying that the most important thing for the hobby and for the customer, in my opinion, is that they get it right, and we should not lose site of that and maybe forgive some tardiness if that’s the cost of good work product.

Regarding SGC specifically, I think their issue is reholdering. They came out with these new flips and everyone wants their SGC cards in the new flips. So I think they are slammed switching already graded cards from one flip to another. I bet the backlog will pass once they get through the reholdering mania.