View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 05:46 PM
Cha.rles He.nry

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
Last October, my fiancee made a Facebook post about looking for cards for me (I do not have a Facebook; shocking for a 22 year old, I know). A guy's wife messaged her, and put her in contact with her husband, who I have conversed with off and on for a few months. He was pulling his cards from binders, and wanted me to come over to check out his collection and see what I wanted to buy. Wednesday night (1/4/17), my fiancee and I stopped over and he showed us his collection. He had two binders on the table in his basement. In one of them were a bunch of Indians autos on photos - Feller, Wynn, '95 Indians, etc. The other binder was full of Mickey Mantle, Hank Aaron, Ted Williams, Joe DiMaggio, and many many more HoFers' autos on photos. I attached a few of the photos. It was incredible. He also had a vintage baseball chess set, with the pieces being star players from throughout the years (Ruth, Musial, DiMaggio, Gehrig, Robinson, etc.). He showed me a display case for baseballs, 3/4 full of baseballs with autos like Mantle, Spahn, etc.

His card collection was incredible as well. Not much that would interest many on this board - tons of '70s, '80s, '90s, '00s RCs from all sports. Tons of value, but not a whole lot that interests me or many other vintage collectors. I ended up buying some Jim Thome's I didn't have, a Thome auto, some vintage Indians, and a Mike "Human Rain Delay" Hargrove bobblehead.

To top it off, he sold me 28 sports card binders (the padded ones), each binder full of Ultra Pro Platinum pages in VERY good condition. The pages area also pictured. I have no idea how many pages there are exactly, but I'm estimating around 4000. I got the binders and pages for $20 total. Unbelievable deal.

I wanted to share this because I don't get to see too many collections like this outside of National. The other reason being he is looking to sell most of his collection. He's looking to get those autos authenticated, and is seeking advice on the best, most economical way to do so. He also has tons of more-modern sets and star player cards. I know he'd like to keep his RCs, but I'm pretty sure everything else is up for grabs. What would be the best way for him to sell everything? Looking for some input.

Thanks y'all!
Those 3 Mantle photos do not look like Mantle signed them....Unfortunately