View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Default T205 Prices Dropping?

Posted By: Shawn Adkins

I would agree to a certain extent that the prices have been steadily fading a bit. The recent auctions and upcoming National have redirected some funds from eBay but I think this will be short lived. What I have noticed more than anything else is that cards in an SGC slab are suffe ing (pun indented) more than their PSA counterparts. Over the last month, there has been a larger gap between the two. Which works out great for me since I want mine in an SGC slab anyway.

Averages can be very misleading due to the vast differences in prices people will pay at any given time. An example would be Terry Turner, a fairly tough card in the T205 set that had three sales in three weeks earlier this year. A PSA6 sold for $1220 on Jan 18, a PSA5 sold for $400 six days later and a PSA7 OC sold for $413 on Feb 8. This is just one example of why averages can be quite skewed; the best we can do is look back at the data and make our best guess. Even with tons of historical data, I will throw it all out the window when I'm bidding on a card that I really want.

Robert's card is miscut on the back and this definitely affected the final price of the auction in my opinion. It's a great card; I just don't think it reached potential because of the centering on the back. A PSA6 Huggins should bring $400 (or thereabouts).

David's price history is very close to the averages I have recorded as well, thanks for sharing your data. I'll add that a PSA5 Tinker sold for $293 in Feb of this year.

All of that said, I wouldn't mind seeing the prices "fall" a little bit more so I can finish my upgrading quest.

Shawn
PS: Prices are falling?
http://cgi.ebay.com/T205-PIEDMONT-RICHARD-HOBLITZELL-No-CIN-after-1908_W0QQitemZ8815574708QQcategoryZ57993QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem