View Single Post
Old 03-25-2006, 10:26 AM
Administrator

Default Mantle vs Mays....Runs Produced Index

Posted By: T206Collector

....I would have written what I wrote if anyone had started this thread in the context that I understand it was started in. And I recognize your contributions as bringing quite a lot of value to this Board. I'm not trying to be disrespectful.

Again, I just don't see the need for anything post-WWII here. And if things are slow in the pre-WWII musings, then so be it. It certainly doesn't mean we should starting chatting up Beanie Babies.

Yesterday there was a locked 1952 Topps thread. Ridiculous e-mails were sent to our moderator in response. I think it is incumbent upon the usual suspects that post on this Board to back-up what Leon did. To post Mantle and Mays stuff on the heels of that discussion to me is a bit insensitive and not particularly supportive of the Board's purpose, notwithstanding that casual OT conversation brings Board members together.

Usually I just roll my eyes and click on something else, but I don't want it to seem to casual readers of this forum that are thinking about posting that (1) Leon's decision to lock down that thread was dictatorial; (2) postings about Mantle and Mays (or the sets they appear in) are okay if you are in with Leon, but not otherwise; or (3) that Leon is the only one who doesn't want to see modern stuff mentioned here.

And, for what it's worth, "Big Men, Girlie Names" was a thread devoted to girlie names in the T206 set. But I'm glad you found it amusing.

And, yes, anything about Frank Nagy that you come across would be great to read -- but please, do not trouble yourself locating it. If you come across it and can shoot me a scan/URL/etc., that would be excellent.