View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 08:16 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailes2872 View Post
Carl,
It was kinda strange. All of the missing cards were from series 2 - but the duplicates were in both series 1 and series 2.

As an update, I never heard back from Topps, but I think I got resolution. My company has a big sponsorship contract with MLB. We do a big deal at the all-star game and my daughter was actually on the field shagging flies during the All Star game in Cleveland last year.

I spoke to the person in our company who runs the MLB contract and she made a phone call (since MLBshop is an arm of their organization). They are sending me a new one and I am sending the old one back. I'm pretty sure that they will put it in a reclamation pile and receive credit from Topps, so all's well that end's well. I still wish that I would have heard back from Topps as it was obvious that it was their error.

I do appreciate the help and feedback. egbeachley's comments hit me right square between the eyes because I know that I have been doing this for me for a few years now - but I always wished that my dad bought me the sets growing up, so I guess I am living vicariously through the boys. Perhaps this was enough of a pain point for it to be the final year.
JMHO You should keep doing it. You never know when they get a little older they might pick it back up. Then they would be very happy that you kept it up for them. Worse case scenario is you spend a few extra $.