View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 10:22 AM
Orlando Rodriguez

This is a depressing thread. So much name-calling and threats.

I have had nothing but good experiences with Brent. Years ago, he talked me out of selling my collection, despite the fact that he stood to benefit from it because I was going to consign with him. When I have consigned, the transactions have been flawless. He pays quickly and on time. He responds quickly to his emails. He fronts you money if you ask for it. I honestly like Brent, and have had nothing but positive interactions with him and his company.

Having have said all that, I would be an absolute fool to try and defend him from the flood of allegations and evidence against him. The shilling (we saw texts purportedly from Brent to Stacy, or whatever that guy's name was), the bid retractions (Peter has shown a boatload of evidence there), and the famous Dimaggio card, all point to some weird stuff going on at PWCC. I'm not going to say he is guilty of any of these things, but I am certainly not going to go on a forum and blindly defend him because I like the guy. I am a criminal defense attorney, so I believe strongly in the presumption of innocence. However, that presumption is reserved for a court of law.

As a Catholic, I don't have to defend all of the church's actions, and as a Democrat I don't have to support everything Obama did. One of the things that most divides this country today is people choosing sides and zealously defending EVERYTHING that particular side believes, even when some of those things are obviously wrong. One can like Brent and not have to blindly defend him. I don't understand the anger with which these people are coming out and defending PWCC. The only reasons someone would attack with such vitriol is if they are either related to Brent, have definitive proof of his innocence, or stand to benefit somehow from it.

And for the record, in response to Kevin's shots at my profession, as a criminal defense attorney I can tell you that most of my clients are far more decent than the corporations and insurance companies that many of my brethren defend. Good people often make bad or stupid decisions (I think i found my new firm motto).

The name-calling and insults are out of control here. Did a guy actually wish for another person to get blown up? Over a debate on bid retractions??? What the hell is going on here?

Last edited by orly57; 06-23-2017 at 10:38 AM.