View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 08:41 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAllen2556 View Post
I have a long commute to work. This pops in my head usually once a day.....

A guy comes home from work in the middle of the day and catches his wife in bed with another man. He pulls out a gun and shoots them both dead. A horrible, tragic event, but I do understand why the guy did it. I don't agree with it, but I understand it.

But why someone cruises in the far left lane of a 3 or 4 lane wide freeway without passing someone - that is something I just can't wrap my brain around. Why? What possible rational explanation can there be? THE LEFT LANE IS FOR PASSING! Do you enjoy getting tailgated? Do you enjoy getting cut off as cars swerve around you? Do you enjoy blocking 10 cars behind you when there's traffic? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!

I want to follow the person home and just politely ask them, "why?" Just give me some sort of rational explanation so I can get on with my life.....
I asked 2 people about this. One is my cousin who lives in a big city with a lot of 3,4, and 5 lane roads. The other was a friend who I was riding with that lives in a little town.

Both gave me the same answer. Driving in the right lane scares the hell out of them because of all the people getting on and off the road.

I am with you if you are driving in the left lane speed up or get the hell out of the way.