View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 08:54 PM
James Gallo

I think I have a rather unique view of shows, as I have done them all over the world. I went to the last national in Cleveland, I have done shows in LA, NYC and Chicago.

The price for a 10x10 booth at the Javis center for NY Comic Con is $1000 plus $200 per table but you could bring your own if you wanted to. This is far from what was said above and this show was only last year. If could be slightly different as this is an annual show, so maybe they get better prices.

The Chicago comic con has a similar type cost. I personally don't like the Javis venue as there isn't much around food or hotel wise, but obviously cabs are very easy to get.

Downtown LA has a huge center but it closed down early and after 8 you couldn't find a place to eat.

My understanding is that the Baltimore convention center is huge since it expanded.

What about the Nassau Coliseum, I remember the old shows in the 90s and they were great. Plenty of hotels at reasonable prices and not hard to get to. Should be plenty of room as well.

I do think the north east would do well with a national.

I think the food and bathrooms are typical of any large venue, I don't recall the food being so bad in Cleveland, it just seemed that it was a bit dated.

At the comic and star wars shows they have stuff going on all the time, but I think that works because there are more aspects to those properties, such as writers, actors, artists etc. Those aspects down draw for sports cards. Perhaps more kid friendly things would work though.

As for the VIP tickets the only use I found for them was early admission. I have had no interest in any of the signers for the last few shows so getting stuff signed does me no good. I would prefer to have an option of a non autograph VIP ticket at a reduced price.

Just some thoughts.

James G