View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 03:06 PM
Administrator

Default T5 Jackson - $47,853 vs. $182,425

Posted By: scott brockelman

The Mastro item appears to be correct in respect to the other one. I have a few T-5's, some with different color mounts and cream is common, However none that I have nor the ones posted above, have been cropped to the photo image. All have a small white border. Also as i recall someone in the other thread mentioned the MHC had the entire photo glued down, when issued only a very small strip at the top actually was glued to the mount(someone has told me that they have seen ones with a strip at top and bottom, but I have not).

Other than that, the prices realized could certainly be 100% legit, BUT, if the 1sat buyer renegged in Mile High, why wasn't the underbidder offered the item, this is standard protocol for most auction houses, I mean you have a ready and willing buyer. I know that if I was after it and got 2nd and then offered a chance to buy it after the winner fell through I would certainly have jumped on it, UNLESS the Mastro T5 was already on the block. I am unsure of the exact timing.

Random thoughts and facts.

Scott