View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Default T5 Jackson - $47,853 vs. $182,425

Posted By: Corey R. Shanus

Leon,

To use your terminology, I'm not "crying foul without all the facts". The main reason I put up this thread was to get facts. Also, in one of my posts I distinctly leave open the possibility that everything about the Mile High sale was legit. Yes, as you and other have noted, there are sensible reasons why the two cards could trade at such different prices. However, I believe the facts surrounding it (including the simulataneous sale of a restored 1914 Boston Garter Jackson from what I have been told is the same consignor for $103K) raise a legitimate basis for discussion. I've been around long enough to know that just because an auction house announces a card/item sells for a certain amount, that doesn't mean eventhing by definition is kosher about what went on. Indeed some months ago when the T210 Jackson from the Halper sale was put on eBay, the thread this Board had about that auction had no shortage of posts speculating as to what shenanigans might be happening. Also, while not singling out any particular auction house, I think it would be very naive to believe that shill bidding does not take place in this hobby, or that all reported sales actually took place. I think questioning things and not assuming that all is sanguine is healthy.