View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Default T5 Jackson - $47,853 vs. $182,425

Posted By: leon

Corey,
You wrote:

"Wesley,

That thread examines the card's value from the perspective of foresight, no doubt influenced in part by the card's astronomic rise as the auction was nearing its close. I'm now looking at the situation from the perspective of hindsight, seeing how a comparable T5 Jackson sold two months later for a fraction of the price. It is that subsequent sale which to me raises questions about the first one. Had the second T5 Jackson broken the 6-figure barrier, I don't think we'd be having this discussion."

To further the debate let me say a few things. First of all the underbidder, in the Mile High Auction, has been on our board saying he was the underbidder. That underbid price, with juice, would have been $165,800.00 (or there abouts). Let's take out the top bidder who did win it and is happy with it, I believe. So we have someone willing to pay $165,800 for THAT particular card. You said comparable but I would argue we don't know that the underbidder in Mile High thought the Mastro one was comparable. The mount was a different color and not like any I have seen, the image was not as good, and the border didn't look right being that it's larger and white......Maybe those things led to less bidders on the Mastro one and especially the underbidder(s). I would be a little careful about crying foul without all of the facts....For the record I don't think there was any funny business going on I just think the bidders on the Mile High card didn't all bid on the Mastro one. I am also NOT saying that the Mastro one isn't legit but it is obviously different....
You can look at the two pictures and tell that...easily....best regards