View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Default Fake Ruth Autograph? Maybe more Fakes too?

Posted By: Jared

I got the message back from Richard Simon and he told me "In my opinion the ball is not authentic, tremors abound in the signature and some letters are not formed properly." I think that it is just amazing that this type of stuff is out there.

I have to put the emails up though...they are just too funny and kinda depressing because I think the guy thinks he has real stuff.

"The Ruth autograph is on a Official "Harridge" American League ball.
I have eliminated all overhead and I pass those savings along to my customers.
The ball comes with my certificate and 2 forensic certificates.
I do not recognize psa as an authenticator or any other self professed "expert" as authenticators. I only accept board or court certified forensic examiners as authenticators and it states that on my certificate. Additional photos are attached.
Thanks for the inquiry,"

Later message

"The forensic examiners that I use are Donald Frangipani and Christopher Morales. I have no history on the ball, I obtained it at a Estate Sale. Authenticity is a issue with me, that is why I go to the extent of having the item authenticated utilizing forensic (scientific) methods, not just having someone look at the item to determine whether it is real or not. Both of the examiners I use are court certified and are recognized as experts up to and including the U.S. Supreme Court.
This ball would easily appraise for $15000.00 - $20000.00."

Well thanks for your help and any continued discussion is welcomed because it helps get all this stuff out in the air.