View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 04:06 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I agree with Peter re the counterfeit cards in SGC holders; no one should expect an auctioneer or consignment seller to second-guess the TPGs.

As for the shilling and fraud admission, first thought I had about the OP was "how stupid was that?" Had a client of mine wanted to make a similar post I'd have told him to STFU because he will win over no one who wasn't already OK with his business and he might step in the doo-doo by accident, as happened here. What leads someone to think they can BS around stuff like that I will never understand. Nixonian hubris? brain lesions? Alien mind control beams?

An interesting thing that got short shrift here is the 2nd PWCC post discussing the inside game with eBay reps. I thought that was fascinating, esp. how eBay might actually change the feedback system to something more transparent, as it used to be. 90% of the shilling crap would end if the system still allowed for the outing and tracking of shill bidders. A return to that standard would be nice and I hope it happens. Or should I just go ahead and cancel that ice skating lesson in Hell?

Frankly, I love the idea of tracked consignor ID's right in the listing. Easily done, and easily checked.

Despite all of the negatives, personally, I have no issue with anyone who chooses to bid with PWCC or Probstein. We're all card sluts to one extent or another. I've danced with those devils more than once, but always eyes wide open and aware of the pitfalls of wading into the cesspool. Anyone who doesn't know what these middlemen are about and act accordingly at this point is akin to someone taking up smoking: it says right on the damned box the stuff is bad for you, so ignore the warnings at your own peril.

Time to move on to other dead horses to beat?

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 06-11-2015 at 04:11 PM.