View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
Did SGC have any modern cards in the new slabs at their display? That is where they need to pick up their business if they are going to stay around. They already had a good grasp of the vintage market, but it was finite. The modern cards is what is continually growing and where they need to gain market share.

Beckett is reaching a year on turnaround times. This would be the time for SGC to make their move into modern as modern collectors are frustrated with waiting a year for their cards to come back graded from Beckett and PSA doesn't offer the coveted "pristine" grade.
None that I saw and I was shocked that they were not doing any grading/slabbing/re-holdering there at the show. It was just a small booth with a desk, a couple of computers, and that's it.

If you're going to roll out a new label, etc. then you better be at that show with everything and pumping it up. An absolute total blunder/fumble on their part and just once again shows why they are a distant 3rd in the grading industry.

Ask me about discounted BGS/BVG pricing for Net54 Members!