View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 05:27 AM
M@rk Lu7z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
So I own this ticket...

image host

Just noticed there's a guy on eBay selling magnets of this exact ticket. Same section, row, seat. He apparently swiped my picture to create them. If you click on his picture, it doesn't even look like a magnet. It looks like my picture. A little annoyed...Not sure if that's all I should be.

If you read his negative feedback, there are complaints about the quality of his product, which I guess explains why he's using my picture and not a picture of his magnet. I know I can report him for that, but what will that accomplish?

Thoughts?
It's an invasion of your privacy, so I understand that you are annoyed. And it seems unethical for a stranger to profit from a photo of something that you own without cutting you in for some of the money. On the other hand, you must have posted the image on the net knowing that almost anything can happen to an image on the net. You probably didn't copyright the image. Was a law broken? What harm have you suffered? If anything, he is making your unique ticket all the more famous (and valuable?). If I were you, I'd demand that he send you a dozen free magnets and let it go at that.