View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 07:46 AM
Administrator

Default ACC designations

Posted By: leon

"U" is already used by Burdick and is a "clouded" designation as he put it. Group 1 of U is Match Cover Designs. After that there are Match Box Labels, Theatre Issues, Oil and Gasoline Issues, Weighing Machine Cards, and Miscellaneous. Rice Stix Shirts and Signal Gasoline, among others, fall into the "U" category. Burdick would put either a letter or letter/number after the U, also. I would propose some kind of designation before any letter, with all new additions, to show that they are the current revision. That way we know if it was Burdick or after him. In my own cataloguing of scans I use an "s" for selling or a "p" for personal or an "o" if it's not mine, before every scan and cat#....Burdick didn't use all of the letters in the alphabet and I think our new additions should start with something to identify them as new. We still need to get some more buy in before this will go anywhere, too. If 5 of us do it then the other 10,000 people won't have a clue what the heck we are talking about. I am still a little skeptical but moving forward....