View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 02:45 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

Default Never any T206 Graded Magee Portraits for sale.

I've been trying to complete 2 T206 Magee Portrait back runs over the past 5 years one for myself and one for my son. I only need one more for my set and 2 for my son at this point but I have to tell you it is amazing to me that those graded Magee portraits with any reverse are becoming more and more difficult to find in any grade. On ebay there seem to be several graded cards of any player in any pose available at any point in time. If you want to pay whats being asked (with the exception of Wagner and Plank and sometimes Magie) there are cards available to be bought. Not so for the Magee portrait. Right now there isnt a single graded one listed on ebay nor has there been one for over a month and a half. Prior to that one sold a few weeks prior then one later in March. Why have these become so difficult to find? Maybe there are fewer of them than the quantity of regular poses for other players given the changeover in spelling and printing change but there can't be that many fewer. Have many been ruined because forgers tried to modify them reducing the amount around? They do appear in auctions but again not a often as other portraits of other players in my opinion. Now obviously this is somewhat self-serving because I have accumulated a decent quantity of them (with no intention of currently selling) but something is up as are prices.

Any thoughts on why these are not for sale? Is there any other t206 that does not have graded poses for sale on ebay?

Last edited by iwantitiwinit; 06-25-2016 at 04:55 PM.