View Single Post
Old 01-19-2023, 11:33 AM
Bob C.

I don't know about you or others Leon, but I already get enough unsolicited crap phone calls, emails, junk mail, and so on that I didn't ask for and don't want. I also typically refuse and immediately get off any of those sites that have one of those "You have to agree to let us put cookies on your phone/system or otherwise track and share your info to use this site." popups or agreements you have to allow to then be able to access and use such sites as well. I also know there are enough involuntary ways that companies, advertisers, and governments already track and follow us, many I would often think are illegal as hell as well, but because of the money and power behind them, we don't have a choice. Therefore, when I do have a choice, it is NO!!!!!!

And I know also there are various individual members on Net54 who own, run, or are otherwise involved in AHs, consignors or other companies/entities serving the hobby community, and don't hide that. But at least to me, that is perfectly fine as they also come on here to share information and interact with other members of the Net54 community, not just looking for free advertising or the ability to make unsolicited offers to other members.

Also, don't you have advertisers that already pay for the privilege to advertise their consignment services (among other things) on this site? Assuming so, that seems really unfair to them that others could take advantage of the site to freely make direct and unsolicited advances towards members. Having members come on Net54 to ask opinions of other members about which AH. consignment, and other hobby service providers they recommend, is one thing, and is perfectly fine and part of what this site is all about, at least it is to me. But then having one of those providers possibly monitoring what others are talking about here on Net54 solely to push their business and make unsolicited offers to other members, is not at all acceptable IMO.