View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Default Auction Houses selling their own stuff

Posted By: barrysloate

Cat- I'm glad you did find out who you were bidding against so that you didn't have to wonder whether it was the house. That said, I am sick and tired of this whole thread. This is not about an auctioneer listing which lots he owns, this is about assuming that all auction houses shill and run bidders up. I am getting fed up with this Bu****it and if everyone is so concerned that all lots are run up then I suggest you all find another hobby. This paranoia about who owns what lots is just another way of everyone saying every auctioneer is a potential crook and whatever other negative energy can be thrown out there. Frankly, I changed my mind on this issue. It's none of anybody's god damn business what lots I own. If you choose to bid in my auctions, I welcome you and will treat you with respect. If anybody thinks I or any other auction house is shilling their bids, please email me privately and request that I take you off my mailing list. Since Doug posted on Saturday this board has been a pretty depressing place to hang around. I think I might find something else to do. I understand that nobody has singled me out as someone who runs up bids but that is the vibe of this thread and nobody can deny it. This has become a hobby where it is assumed dealers are dishonest. I ask you: how does anyone even enjoy it anymore?