View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Default Complete graded Mayo set - finally made the goal !!

Posted By: David Seaborn

Well,

It took about eight years but I wanted to share with the board that I finally completed a grade Mayo Cut Plug set. Sometimes it's hard for a set collector because it takes so darn long for a goal to be reached, especially with a tough set like the Mayos. Thanks you to the board members for helping this come true.

It's a nice set (only three cards are graded below VG). FYI- toughest five cards were (in no particular order) Corcoran, Ewing (Cincinnati), Dahlen, Ward (2B), and Pfeffer (retired). This was a darn tough set! I know there have been several Mayos up for sale lately but that's basically been the Mayo collectors selling there lower dupes because of the near set that was broken up in the last Mastro auction. Not many out there are tougher to complete and yet you still have a realistic chance. I encourage those thinking about a new set to take a look at the Mayos. They are rare, have a unique design, cover an important time period for baseball cards, have several HOFers, and look darn nice. Thanks and I can't believe it's finally done!

The entire set can be viewed at the following link or by going to www.photobucket.com and typing in the keyword oldoriole.

http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e287/oldoriole/