Thread: fake psa flips
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 06:29 PM
Orlando Rodriguez

I am the afore-mentioned member and great guy that Canofcorn referred to. A buddy of mine was looking for an Aaron rookie and sent me a pic from ebay of a psa 6 Hank that looked all wrong to me. I suspected it was one of the fakes from the Califoria scam years ago. I sent an email to the seller, who IMMEDIATELY pulled it from his store. He asked me for my number and i texted him the links of the fake Aarons. Eventually I asked him if he was on net54 and came to find out it was Canofcorn (he has a different ebay handle). I had never communicated with him before, but his catchy name rung bells.
Anyway, i got a text like two weeks later from him telling me (in jest) that i cost him $100 on the regrade. That the card came back with a 6 in the new holder. He sent me a picture (same as the one he posted here on net). It is the same card he was selling on ebay, only now in a new psa holder.
I can tell you with 100% certainty that Canofcorn, unlike many ebayers would, pulled the card and verified its authenticity rather than pawning it off without knowing. While I agree with the OP that the card seems a bit overgraded and has some characteristics that forgeries tend to have, I know for certain that Canofcorn had it re-slabbed and it passed muster with psa.
Canofcorn is right. You really shouldnt post things about other members without knowing them to be true. It is irresponsible.

Last edited by orly57; 08-22-2016 at 06:31 PM.