View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 08:44 PM
Andrew Rott

Default Have no idea where to go with my collection. Could use your help and advice!

So recently I have decided to stay away from modern cards completely because I absolutely love the looks and history of vintage cards. My problem is, I'm not sure exactly where to go with my collection. I picked up my first t206, a Lajoie portrait that's a little beat up, but I love it. Because my wife and I have decided to save a little more money, my funds are limited (maybe $300 a month).

I love the looks of 1954 and 1956 topps and I love the look of the t206's. I realize it would be a long time before I could complete either set, so might not do set collecting right now. I love collecting HOFers as well, including Mantle, Maris, Robinson, Ted Williams, DiMaggio, Lajoie, and others.

I would love any advice on where to go next with my collection. I probably will focus on players and cards that will hold their value over time. Any of the listed players, or others, are fair game. Are there are certain cards of players that you absolutely love that maybe aren't the most popular or expensive?? Any suggestions as to where to obtain these cards? Also, do you know of anyone willing to trade modern for vintage?

The last question isn't all that important. Thank you all for reading and your advice (in advance)!!

Andrew