View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftygrove10 View Post
I have a question. Can somebody submit 1000 cards to PSA and tell them, "Only holder the cards that you grade PSA 10. Don't holder any of the other cards." If this is possible, then isn't it possible that the PSA 10 list provided by the OP was a result of a submission like this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
yes that probably happened to the 16 certs for which no card appears ...
Yes, according to one of the threads that got zapped, this seller is known for having a good eye and submitting cards with minimum grade requirements of 10. Knowing this, I think we have 3 distinct possibilities, 2 of which concern me as a collector who buys graded cards (the final two). I can't say which scenario is the truth, but all 3 are possible...

1. This seller has a top notch eye for condition and has a huge pool of cards from which to select, and only sends in the best of the best.

2. This submitter gets preferential treatment and higher grades than you or I would get for the same cards.

3. The cards being submitted are being cut from a sheet in a way that PSA can't detect or PSA no longer has the expertise or time to detect and reject. The submitter themselves may not be doing the cutting, and may have no knowledge of it.

These are not accusations -- merely discussing the possibilities. That is an amazing submission result, to say the least!

€hû¢k Wölƒƒ