View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 09:51 AM
Joe Drouillard

Default Whitey Ford

Thanks Barry for starting this thread.

I don't remember the time or the place of this incident (probably at a show in Cleveland), but Whitey Ford did a small act of kindness that I really appreciated. I had paid for an autographed picture with the HOFer. The photograph was taken on a large platform that was at least a couple of feet off the floor. You had to climb up onto the stage to get your picture taken.

I was having a real hard time getting up on the platform because my back was out and I was in a lot of pain. There were a lot of people around including the gentlemen who were putting on the event, but no one would help me. Mr. Ford saw my dilemma and came over and helped me step up onto the platform. He asked if I was okay and held onto my arm as we moved over to the curtain where the photograph was taken. He asked me where I was from and how long I had been a Yankees fan. We chatted for a few minutes before the picture was taken. He then walked me back across the stage and he helped me off the platform and said that he hoped I would feel better soon.

It wasn't a big deal but I will always remember it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 63.jpg (71.5 KB, 511 views)