View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 10:32 AM
N.ate A.dams

Thanks - I think this is something that many on this board would say "Yea, that sounds good - but not realistic." I suppose that's how all seemingly impossible tasks start. I know a lot of collectors who, with great reluctance, submit to PSA - only because they know people pay higher for them.

I tell you what - if SGC wanted to do something bold as a business, they should create a promotion that gives like a 50%-75% discount on crossover cards from PSA. You want to start to really challenge PSA, SGC? Then actually try to challenge them. It seems like collectors, SGC, and the like have ventured, though with great reluctance, to a resting place of reluctant satisfaction. The "what's the point anymore" idea.

I suppose you and I are just to "young" within this whole Vintage card thing. I would love to hear thoughts from the incredibly experienced collectors in here. I'm just an errand boy compared to most of the people in here. The experienced, master collectors are the ones that can make the big dents in PSA.

Again, NET54 has probably the biggest sway of any forum out there to actually make a dent in business for PSA, and help SGC.

It's like McDonalds (PSA) and Chick-fil-A (SGC). I think that analogy may speak for itself. Everything about Chick-fil-A is better....everything, save the iced tea or coffee .... (maybe), yet people keep going to McDonalds - getting hurt everytime.

Ok, back to teaching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trl3789 View Post
So I don't do a ton of posting on these boards, but I am on everyday reading and trying to learn as much as possible. From what I've seen since I've been a member, Nate is right in stating that what seems to be a consistent concern is PSA's ability to be consistent and accurate with their grading.

So, Nate, you can count me in.

-Tucker