View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 08:05 AM
Howard Chasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
No idea auction was on and I spend hours a week trolling for new auctions. Good for you guys they don't advertise on Net 54 or anything.
Funny you mentioned this - I have never bid in their auctions before - I learned about this one browsing ebay and coming across a lot of 10 Daily juice fan club cards that said they were part of a live auction. Nothing in the description of that lot indicating it was Clemente's personal collection. I looked at a few other ebay lots in a "sellers other items" search - saw additional Clemente items (nothing high caliber) and ended up seeing it was Hunt - went to their website and only when I browsed to the end of the auction lots did I see they had the Clemente family collection. I suppose their reach is far enough that they had a lot of action and some really strong prices, but I wonder how much better it could have been had it been better publicized. I would think the sale of a collection of this significance would have been newsworthy - I saw no articles about it in any major media. Happy for me as competition was fierce enough, but think the family could have done much better!