View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Default Opinion on cut signatures

Posted By: T206Collector

<<I noticed a bunch of autographed T206s showing up on eBay this past year after rarely seeing any in 25 years of collecting. I have no doubt that many of them were bad. I also think that anyone who thinks the so-called experts have a clue are sadly mistaken as well!>>

I purchased almost all of them. They are from one of the all-time great autograph collections in Pittsburgh. Many of them came with letters from the players themselves, and were all signed in the late 1960's. The provenance is very strong, I assure you. I will be posting my website that showcases all of them later this evening or tomorrow. Feel free to take a look.

<<Has anyone ever tried reselling one?>>

Yes.

<<If so did you have any luck?>>

I turn a profit just about every time.

Seriously -- if you come across a signed T206 card and want to sell it to me, please shoot me an e-mail.

Frankly, I get the point that there is always risk with autographs. But when you have strong provenance and you are confident that the signature is authentic, it is an amazing experience. If you can't get beyond the chance that the signature may not be genuine, then more power to you. But I'm starting to come to the conclusion that if the card isn't signed, all you have a a piece of card board with a man's picture on it. That's how much the autographs mean to me.