View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 10:31 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Default Heritage Auction winnings, z11 Bohen, and a couple late-night thoughts....

On the whole, great auction! Loved the variety of t and e cards as well as a lot of PCL/minor league stuff and a good group of e107s. Very, very diverse in the offering this time around and I felt there was truly something for everyone. I thought prices on the e107s and a lot of the singles that were sold did very well. Seems that lots and sets didn't do as well IMO but I'll get to that.

It was an absolute treat to get to see this card -

lfbohen.jpg

Personally, in 12-15 years of collecting in this hobby, I had never seen it before now. So I figured I'd throw it out here so everyone could have a gander. Truly the rarest of the rare! Most z11 set collectors don't even bother trying to find this card and call the set complete as soon as they get all the other cards - yes, it's that tough! Kudos to Heritage for making one available to the public!

Really good to see a lot of minor league cards in general and even sets in this auction. However, it was not easy to find the sets and lots. It may be just me, but I find Heritage's site very difficult to navigate. They show cards for multiple auctions, including those that haven't started yet, you have to really drill down using the search filters to locate what you're looking for, I find it difficult to get back to a lot I've visited before unless I mark the item for "tracking/watching", etc... you kind of have to know exactly where to go on the site which makes it really difficult to browse casually and easy to miss things. For instance, I almost missed all the d310/d311, Zeenut, Obak, etc... lots because I didn't realize that "lots" and "sets" were separated from the "singles". Most auction sites don't do this so I didn't really expect it here. There's just a ton of links in that left column and it seems easy to get lost.

For myself, I'm very happy with what I came away with - a complete d311 set! Lol...so I can finally finish the one I nearly had done. Also got some neat Obak scraps

lf88.jpg
lf.jpg

Any other wins/losses from Net 54-land? Thoughts?

Last edited by shammus; 05-13-2016 at 10:36 PM.