View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 07:21 PM
Scott ku.rtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
I don't. Because that would be what I call "bad"

I could probably do a pretty good job of it if I really wanted to, but again, that would be "bad"

I could tell you how, but again, also " bad"

I will say that nearly any method you can use to cut paper probably has been used. And that nearly all will be relatively easy to detect as being trimming.

Don't take it wrong, I'm mostly just having a bit of fun. Lasers and cutting boards have both been used and are pretty easy to tell.
I was just curious how high-tech it had gotten.....I mean, let's assume lasers are used in surgeries, and to make microchips etc.....like very, very precise. How far off are these "trimmed cards?" i mean, theoretically, could you trim it nanometers to polish up the edges, and still have it be the right size? I presume PSA etc aren't going down to the nanometer -- do they stop at the millimeter? I'm just curious -- just a very theoretical question, because it seems that if there is something "obvious" like this, there exists a spectrum in which something moves from "covert" to "obvious" and I wonder if there is a quantifiable point in which that occurs? Does that make sense?