View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 09:37 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by frohme View Post
Hey Ken,

Hard part about the back multipliers like that is there aren't any cards available in both Recruit and Broadleaf, for the multiplier to have any real comparison. A multiplier for Cycle (over Broadleaf) makes sense, or Napoleon (over Recruit), but not for cross-class cards. I think Bill's estimate is allright on average, but there's such a wide disparity on cards within the Broadleaf class it really is a card-by-card call. Check out the (few) threads on the relative difficulty of cards in T207 and you'll see what I mean.

I know the precedence is established with T206 and there aren't any cards with *all* the backs, but there are enough different backs for the same cards for the "multiplier" to make at some (relative) sense in that set. Hard to say that it transfers cleanly, as there are fewer cards and a wide range of prices.

FWIW, I think you picked up the Chance Napoleon at a good price - had watched the card be relisted multiple time with slowly decreasing start/BIN (if I recall), and thought that someone would get a decent deal - glad to hear it was you.

I agree with Bill on the current uncertainty of anyone knowing that they all exist with Napoleon back - though I suspect someone could. My personal take is that all 150 Recruit-class cards are available with a Napoleon back, and will be confirmed ... many have simply been glossed over (pun intended) due to having the same front.

On your task, given that you only have two possible cards w/Broadleaf back (Saier, W. Miller), and both are a PITA ... you have a continuation of your previous fun in trying to complete the team set (congratulations on that, BTW). At least this time, you only need one or the other, not both... unless you want to be masochistic and go for the 32 card front/back Cubs master set:
  • Recruit class - 24 cards - 1 ea of Recruit Fac 240, 606, and Napoleon for 8 players: Chance, Cole, Lennox, McIntire, Needham, Reulbach, Schulte, Tinker
  • Broadleaf class - 8 cards - 1 ea of Broadleaf, Cycle, Anon Fac 25 and Fac 3 for 2 cards: Saier, W. Miller

Here's one to help you out

--
Mike
Beautiful Saier. At least I know what cards to look for. Saier would certainly be more in the budget. Currently I have Saier in red cycle and anonymous. I have Miller in anonymous from the Louisiana find. Don't quite understand why T207 cards are not that popular because they are unique and in their own way beautiful. All of mine are in SGC slabs and they are really fun. Finding a Broadleaf would be easy, the challenge is finding it with a Cub on it. I will probably end this quest when the Cubs do win a World Series.

Last edited by kmac32; 08-15-2015 at 09:39 PM.